Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Sign of Hope: Not One But Two Banners !

On the eve of destruction for Westminster Choir College, a small sign of hope!

I had advertised in the activist group I started (all genuine fighters welcome) Keep Westminster Choir College In Princeton – Activist to promote the creation of banner designs for a possible day after action once the decision to drop the wrecking ball on Westminster is announced.   I personally vote for a march down 206 – with possible front gate action at Rider – a 7 mile march from Westminster – AAUP should call it!

Any way – like many of my “great” ideas on this matter – there was not a big rush to design banners.  So I asked my youngest son Ethan if he would help out.  We worked together and came up with this design.

I was able to complete the order by Tuesday evening for pick up at a local shop. 

When I got there, I saw what looked like our banner in the garbage – as another one was slowly inching off the banner print machine.

So I asked the staff what happened and they said the first one had gotten scuffed up.

I asked if I could take a look at it and then if I could have it – the initial answer was no.

So then I said – what if I paid for it – a reduced charge and he said yes.  I offered $10 and he accepted!

The original was $130 ish all told – BUT I GOT A SECOND ONE ALMOST AS GOOD FOR $10.  

The damages are minimal – nothing more than what might happen after one march.

SO NOW WE HAVE TWO!

I will be coming onto Westminster campus between Seabrook and the main building with the cafeteria between 5 – 6:30 pm tomorrow (Thursday March 23) and I will invite students and faculty who are going to the cafeteria to stop for a few minutes (or longer if you want to help guard the photography / banner station) to take pictures holding the banner (which will be shared on social media).

Event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/311658649250046/

My son Robert is doing a run out tomorrow so he can not host my presence (I need to be a guest of student or staff to protect against any attempt by administration, etc. to eject my presence).

So I need one or more students or staff members to cover the time to accompany my presence and state that I am their guest should the police be engaged.

This is purely a photography – and possibly literature distribution – effort – not a march, rally or protest – though if folks want to stick around a little while, socialize and talk about the situation  - that is all good!

If you can help with the coverage – please call or text 908-881-5275 – as soon as you can.

I hope to see you tomorrow – please help spread the word and confirm on this Facebook event – for Facebook uses – please also invite your student / staff friends.

If we were in better shape – both campuses would be festooned with banners with various messages supporting our demand to defend against the closure of Westminster Choir College.  Students would be demanding the placement of the banners on the wall inside William H. Scheide Student Center/Dining Commons.


Nonetheless – come show your support for Westminster Choir College – both the campus and the faculty – tomorrow and get captured in a snap shot holding the banner and showing your support for the beloved Westminster Choir College!

No comments:

Post a Comment